LYNX RACING DRIVERS COMPETING IN THE PETIT LE MANS AT ROAD ATLANTA MOTOR SPORTS CENTER, SEPTEMBER 15 - 19 1. Auto racing's equivalent of the Barnum & Bailey Ringling Bros. Circus is happening at the Road Atlanta Motor Sports Center this...
LYNX RACING DRIVERS COMPETING IN THE PETIT LE MANS AT ROAD ATLANTA MOTOR SPORTS CENTER, SEPTEMBER 15 - 19
1. Auto racing's equivalent of the Barnum & Bailey Ringling Bros. Circus is happening at the Road Atlanta Motor Sports Center this weekend, and a trio of Lynx Racing drivers find themselves in starring roles.
2. Lynx Racing's latest graduate, Memo Gidley, currently driving for the Herdez/Payton-Coyne team in the CART FedEx Championship will be making his sports car debut in a Panoz LMP-1 Roadster S Prototype with fellow drivers Jan Magnussen (also a CART driver) and Johnny O'Connell. This trio will be competing for the overall win in the 10-hour Peiti Le Mans endurance race.
3. Lynx Racing driver Sara Senske will be competing in the fourth round of the innovative new Women's Global GT Series, one of the weekend's support races. The series was created by Indy 500 driver Lyn St. James and Don Panoz, owner of both Road Atlanta and Panoz Racing. Senske won the previous round of the WGGTS at Portland, starting from the pole, leading every lap, setting the fastest lap of the race and building up a 27-second margin of victory.
4. Lynx Racing driver Mike Conte will be competing in the GT class of the Petite Le Mans in the #17 Porsche fielded under his own Contemporary Motorsports banner. Conte and co-driver Bruno Lambert finished third in the legendary 12 Hours of Sebring earlier this year. Conte is a former MicroSoft software developer who was involved in creating several of the company's most popular products, including Windows 95 and Internet Explorer.
5. Lynx Racing is the only championship winning racing team / driver development program in motorsports today owned by women, Peggy Haas and Jackie Doty. Lynx graduates include CART Fed Ex drivers Patrick Carpentier, Alex Barron and Memo Gidley.